We all have been riddled with acne at some point or the other in our lives. Right from the time we hit the puberty, our hormones start affecting the body. One of the effects of this is acne affecting the face and sometimes, also on the back and chest.
Although in most cases they go away on their own, it can become an ongoing battle for some and can result in a lot of money spent on seeking acne treatments. However, you can try a few common home remedies to tackle incessant and irritating acne problems without spending much.
- Washing your face frequently with cool water will help in getting rid of the grime and germs and will keep the acne from aggravating.
- The inside of the banana peel has an enzyme, which can prevent acne from erupting and help soothe the skin. Take the peel and gently rub it over the acne-affected area. Repeat 3-4 times a day and you will see the effect in a few days.
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder or a freshly-grated turmeric root with two tablespoons of yogurt and either use as a face mask or if in a time crunch, just apply directly to the affected areas. This is one of the most effective acne treatments.
- Generally soothing in nature, papaya fruit pulp, if applied directly on the acne affected areas, can help to reduce acne to a large extent. It can also help to improve skin tone and vitality.
- Any kind of acidity application on acne and pimples can act as a deterrent to its growth. You can use lemon, yogurt or orange peel paste for your acne treatment. Or simply mix one part apple cider vinegar with three parts water and dab the solution on your face for relief. You will notice the acne fading away in a few days.
There are some simple home remedies, which you can use as effective acne treatments without making a burning a hole in your pocket. If your acne is severe and doesn’t get better with home remedies, seek medical treatment.